Monday, December 30, 2013

10 New Year's Resolutions for all of us who think Wii fit counts as exercise

Here's my Happy New Year illustration... I did it when I got home
from the pub and was rather kettled... so I'm pleased that it came out okay!
Hello, toasters!
Be honest with me now, how many New Year's Resolutions have you made and actually kept for a whole year?
Anyone?
Nope, did think so.


The classic 'I will get fit' means buying an expensive gym membership, going once in January but find it too crowded because everyone else has had the same idea, consoling yourself with a bar of dairy milk and only going one other time in the year when you ran out of hot water for a shower.
So, I have decided to make my 10 New Year's Resolutions realistic, and also pretty do-able, giving me a much-needed sense of achievement as I struggle through my second year of uni, with only tears and pringles keeping me going.
Here we go:
  1. I will not name all of my files 'jghppiovdsksofjsd'.
  2. I will not spend three consecutive days in the same onesie.
  3. I will not share my life story with every subway worker, taxi driver and hobo whilst drunk on my way home from a night out.
  4. I will avoid using fandom-specific/meme references in front of my family- the time it takes to explain it to them is not worth it & makes me want to bludgeon myself to death with a blunt spoon.
  5. I will come up with more imaginative passwords.
  6. I will stop setting a 'lie-in' alarm. It makes me realise how snuggly I am and just gives me time to convince myself I don't have to do anything today.
  7. I will not eat all of my advent calendar chocolates in one go. I will wait to at least day three before I give up. Yeah, willpower!
  8. I will become less obsessed with Ru Paul's Drag Race... for those of you who haven't watched it, it's essentially America's Next Top Model for Drag Queens and it is fabulous!
  9. I will not fall into a black hole of despair when I finish a series. If I spend any more time immersed in Tumblr, my brain will turn to mushy peas.
  10. I will not Snapchat in inappropriate places. No-one likes a toilet selfie.
So, there we have it... my list that I will try to keep for a whole year!
What are your New Year's Resolutions? Let me know in the comments :)
Have a fantastic New Year everyone!
Sammie
xoxo


If you liked this, you may also like...
10 things you should never say to a pregnant person
My thoughts on tattoos
The Wheelchair Chronicles


2 comments:

  1. I think I'll join you in the not wearing the same onesie for 3 consecutive days resolution. That's a life change I can go with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. II made a NY resolution not to make any NY resolutions

    ReplyDelete